Lazy writer in SQL Server :-
- Lazy writer check each page header and verify whether all transactions in the pages are committed then pages will be flushed to disk… [Page header contains infusion of whether committed\uncommitted]
- This is one of the back ground process where works only from BUFFER Cache.
- Lazy writer works only when system is running with memory pressure or running out of memory.
- User cannot see or create, manual lazy writer operation in SQL Server
- We cannot able to capture lazy writer information into SQL Server logs.
- Lazy writer allocating space for new pages in buffer pool
- Lazy writer Checking for memory pressure.
- Lazy writer Only works with buffer pool but not in log file.
Note: prime job of lazy writer is it flush the pages from buffer to disk.